While Lisa is new to Twitter it’s exciting to see sellers using different online mechanisms to promote their listings. I definitely think that Twitter, especially if you have a decent number of followers, can be a great way to generate traffic to your listing.
Don’t have a lot of followers yet? Check out Guy Kawasaki’s guide, How to Pick Up Followers on Twitter.
Or maybe you have a tech savvy friend who already does? Get them to Tweet your listing for you.
If you do have some followers and your Twitter and Facebook are already hooked up here are some ideas on how to use Twitter to promote your listing:
- Let your followers know when your listing hits the market
- Let your followers know when you hold an open house
- Let your followers know if you do a price reduction
- Keep followers up-to-date on how things are going. How many people came to your open house?
- Use a service like bit.ly (@bitly thanks for helping us with bulk URLs!) to make the Redfin URLs shorter and Twitter friendly
- You could switch your profile background to a photo of your house or a screenshot of your home’s details page on Redfin
- Change your Twitter web link to your listing details page
- Link to your listing details page from your Twitter Bio
- Ask your followers for help moving once it sells! :)
- Let us know at @redfin
Do you any other ideas on using Twitter for real estate?
If you have a question about selling your home ask in our seller forums and we’ll be happy to look into it!