Wow, has it been a busy week!
Monday we released our long-awaited app, Redfin for iPad. Today you can sign up to get a monthly email that tells you what’s going on near your home with Redfin Home Report or in your neighborhood, zip or city with Redfin Insider Report. While serious home buyers are probably already signed up forour daily emails to stay on top of new and updated homes for sale, we figured the tire-kickers, the homeowners and those casually thinking of selling would prefer an email tailored to them, sent once a month.
The email is packed full of great info straight from the MLS, the database that all real estate agents use, as well as from our agents:
- Local market statistics: See at a glance what has happened with prices, sales, sale-to-list and new listings
- Recent sales: Photos and prices of what your neighbor’s home sold for
- Recent listing activity: The last three homes that hit the market
- Featured Redfin listing: Good news for Redfin sellers; we feature one seller a month!
- Redfin Agent Insights: Honest opinions from a Redfin Agent who toured a home near you
- Real estate porn: Photos of the most expensive, the cheapest and most popular homes nearby
This email is just the tip of the iceberg for us. Over the coming months expect to see more and more features for home owners and sellers as we build a suite of tools to rival those that we’ve built for serious home buyers.
Here’s what my Redfin Home Report email looks like:
How to Sign Up
To sign up, just search for your home on our site. Claim your house in the My Redfin box and we’ll sign you up for a Home Report:
Or if you want to get the report for a different house, look for the ad below on any off-market property:
To sign up to receive an email about a neighborhood, search for the neighborhood, click the Stats & Trends button on the left side of the map, then look for this box on the upper right hand side:
After you’ve signed up, you can manage the homes you’re monitoring with your Favorites page in My Redfin in the upper right hand corner.
And that’s it for new site features and apps this year! Although we’re always curious about what you would like to see us add for home sellers and home owners in the future. Any suggestions?