Redfin is on the hunt to find the most iconic homes that are currently on sale in America and we need your help! Know of a home that can be considered iconic? Whether it is a houseboat in Seattle, a classic Tudor in Chicago, or a Colonial in Boston, we’d like to invite you to nominate homes you believe are worthy of this title, in any or all of our 19 cities. Nominate a home today, it’s really simple.
How It Works:
- Nominate a home one of three ways:
- Post a comment to this blog that includes the home’s address or a link to the home’s active listing on Redfin.com.
- Follow us on Twitter (www.twitter.com/redfin), then Tweet a link to the home’s Redfin.com listing. Be sure to include #iconichomes and @redfin (Sample Tweet: @Redfin I nominate http://www.redfin.com/WA/Seattle/3254-Portage-Bay-Pl-E-98102/home/40085752 for #iconichomes).
- Like Redfin on Facebook (www.facebook.com/redfin), then post a comment on the wall with the home’s address or link to its Redfin.com listing. Be sure to mention “Iconic Homes” and include this link: http://bit.ly/SQluZw (Sample Facebook post: I nominate http://www.redfin.com/WA/Seattle/3254-Portage-Bay-Pl-E-98102/home/40085752 for Seattle’s Most Iconic Home! http://bit.ly/SQluZw).
- Starting on October 22, we will comb through all the nominations and select the most iconic homes for each city.
- From October 26 to November 2, the public votes for their favorites on Facebook.
- A winning home from each city will be announced on November 5. What’s the prize? Major bragging rights and hopefully lots of media attention.
Some things to consider when submitting a home:
- Cool and unique architecture.
- Stylish and beautifully decorated.
- Representative of the city’s style.
- Famous. Think Sleepless in Seattle, Clueless (Los Angeles), Full House (San Francisco), Home Alone (Chicago).
- Wildly different from the other homes on the block.
- Your favorite memories of childhood, college, or whenever.
- October 16 – 21, 2012 – Nomination Period
- October 22 – 23, 2012 – Finalist Selection Period
- October 26 – November 2, 2012 – Voting period hosted on our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/redfin)
- November 5, 2012 – Winner announcement!
Homeowners and agents are encouraged to nominate their homes and “get out the vote.”
The homes that receive the most votes will be included in Redfin’s Iconic Homes of America news release and featured on the Redfin real estate blog, e-mail campaign and website.
Participating cities/regions include Atlanta, Austin, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Las Vegas, Long Island/Westchester County (NY), Los Angeles, Orange County, Portland (OR), Philadelphia, Phoenix, Sacramento, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle and Washington, DC.
If you have any questions let us know. Let the nominations begin!