“If your home is full of features that are NOT hot, you may want to consider doing some basic remodeling work or lower your expectations for how fast it will sell and at what price,” says Dallas-based Redfin real estate agent Carmen Jones.
With that in mind, Redfin surveyed 435 of our real estate agents across the country to find out what the biggest real estate trends are right now. Here are the features that are hottest among homebuyers, and those that may keep buyers away.
Here are the features agents say are HOT among homebuyers…
- Open floor plans
- Turnkey homes (homes that are move-in ready)
- Granite in areas such as bathrooms or kitchens
- Upgraded windows
- Locations near public transportation
- Energy-saving appliances
- Large closets
- Updated lighting fixtures
- Two-story home with a bedroom on the main floor
- Wood floors
And those that are NOT…
- Popcorn ceilings
- Lack of parking
- Small kitchens and bathrooms
- Minimal amount of natural light
- Dated homes
- Low ceilings
- Limited storage space
- Loud location on a busy street
Which of these features is a deal breaker for you? Tell us in the comments below!