Our very own PM, Matt Goyer, recently setup his Seattle condos WordPress blog to include a syndication of new Redfin listings. We thought it would be a great idea to share how we did this.
Steps to Follow
- Install the plugins listed above
- Create a writable cache folder if you haven’t already (wp-content/cache)
- This problem is solved if you use WP-Cache
- Perform a search on Redfin
- To syndicate new listings, make sure you select the “New Listings” option (pictured below)
- Once you are satisfied with your search, click the “Save this Search” link above the map
- In the pop-up that will appear, click the “RSS 2.0 Feed” link (also pictured below)
- Follow the SimplePie Plugin usage instructions to include the Redfin RSS feed
Here’s an example of how syndication looks on Matt’s blog:
You’ll have to fiddle with the SimplePie templates and settings to get syndication to look like Matt’s. Again, refer to their usage instructions on how to do this.