According to the MLSPIN, the database for real estate transactions and listings for Massachusetts, Redfin agent Hannah Driscoll ranks third in Eastern & Central Massachusetts in May among agents who represented home-buyers of condominiums, single- and multi-family properties based first on number of deals, then by total dollar amount. In May, Hannah closed 6 deals totalling $3,377,900.
Even with taking a couple of weeks off, Sean Valiton closed 3 deals worth $1,328,000 and ranks 40th. Adam Welling started working for us in late April and he’s worked on 40 signed offers. None of have closed yet, but with it taking over 50 days for transactions in Massachusetts to close, we don’t expect to see any until June.
Redfin clients work with some of the most active and successful agents in Massachusetts. Redfin agents are experts in the current real estate market and they know what it takes to help our clients buy the homes they want.
Our Clients Love Our Fanatical Service
We survey every client and track every transaction in a central customer database. For the surveys we received in May from our Boston clients:
- 18 clients responded to our customer-satisfaction survey and posted a review online, down from 24 in April.
- All 18 of those clients, or 100%, would recommend Redfin to a friend, the same rate from April.
In these surveys, Redfin asks customers to rate the likelihood that they would recommend Redfin to a friend on a 0-to-10 scale. Customers who rated 6 or higher count as people who would recommend Redfin to a friend.
More People Are Making Offers On Homes
In May, our Boston clients were busy touring homes and making offers:
- Redfin clients in Boston toured 508 homes in April, up from 396 homes toured in April.
- Our clients made 74 signed offers on homes, up from 59 in April.
- Our Boston agents were busy working on these signed offers:
- 1 of those offers, or 1.4%, was on a bank-owned foreclosure, down from 7% in April.
It’s Taking 52 Days To Close On A Home
In May, it took 3 days longer for our Boston clients to close on their homes in May than it did in April:
- For our clients who bought re-sales, the average time from initial agreement on terms to the close of the deal was 52 days, up from 49 days in April.
- 0 of our clients failed to get financing, down from 2 in April.
- 6 of our clients’ deals failed the home inspection, up from 2 in April.
- Of our closed deals, the average discount off list price for homes sold was 4.08%, up from 3.30% in April.
Look For Our June Report
We’ll be back next month with our analysis of the June numbers. Let us know what you’d like to see in that report.