Let’s take at look at some August numbers for single-family houses and condos on Long Island and see how they compare to last year.
- 12,893 homes were for sale, down from 14,650 in August 2008
- 998 homes sold, up from 907 in August 2008
- The median sold price was $350,000, down from $370,000 in August 2008
- 9,702 homes were for sale, down from 10,435 in August 2008
- 907 homes sold, up from 900 in August 2008
- The median sold price was $420,000, down from $477,500 in August 2008
- 9,905 homes were for sale, down from 11,171 in August 2008
- 638 homes sold, the same number as in August 2008
- The median sold price was $390,000, down from $410,000 in August 2008
These numbers come from MLSLI.
Dig Deeper Into the Trends
These numbers are for county-level trends. To see what’s happening in your neighborhood, check out our stats & trends pages.
What trends did you see in August?