Let’s take at look at some September numbers for single-family houses and condos on Long Island and see how they compare to last year.
- 12,822 homes were for sale, down from 14,413 in September 2008
- 883 homes sold, up from 816 in September 2008
- The median sold price was $338,000, down from $360,000 in September 2008
- 9,516 homes were for sale, down from 10,259 in September 2008
- 845 homes sold, up from 775 in September 2008
- The median sold price was $405,000, down from $446,000 in September 2008
- 9,800 homes were for sale, down from 11,377 in September 2008
- 618 homes sold, down from 663 in September 2008
- The median sold price was $341,500, up from $400,000 in September 2008
These numbers come from MLSLI.
Dig Deeper Into the Trends
These numbers are for county-level trends. To see what’s happening in your neighborhood, check out our stats & trends pages.