Let’s take at look at the July numbers for King County and see how they compare to a year ago.
Single-Family Homes & Condos in King County
According the NWMLS’ records, in July:
- 13,589 homes were for sale, down from 16,313 in July 2008
- 4,261 new listings came on the market, down from 4,862 in July 2008
- 2,161 homes sold, up from 2,041 in July 2008
- The median sales price was $350,000, down from $401,500 in July 2008
Dig Deeper Into the Trends
These numbers are for King county. To see what’s happening in your neighborhood, check out our stats & trends pages.
What Other People Said
The July wrap-up at The Seattle Condo Blog has a good breakdown of what happened in the condo market.
Tim’s posts at the Seattle Bubble blog are always insightful and a great place for people looking for data-rich analyses of the market. Check out the:
- Monthly wrap-up for Western Washington
- Look at sales volume in July
- Quarterly sales report for pending and closed sales for April, May & June
This is our first monthly report on the inventory trends in Seattle. What numbers would you like to see in our August wrap-up?